We hope you are looking forward to a fun, healthy summer with opportunities to reconnect with family and friends, and maybe even to enjoy some travel!
Though we as educators are also looking forward to a bit of a break, many of us are also eager to enjoy the books we haven't had time to read during the school year. Through our online library, UACHS students can do the same, while taking the opportunity to start the next school year off strong.
- Inspire yourself with a book by or about someone who inspires you -- like Kamala Harris, Stacy Abrams, or John Lewis;
- Explore other times (Feed, The Book Thief, The Devil in the White City) and places (like Darius the Great Is Not Okay, Patron Saints of Nothing, or In the Time of the Butterflies);
- Learn more about important events in history (March Books 1-3, Stamped, Unbroken, Hidden Figures);
- Learn new strategies for success (Atomic Habits) or maintaining your mental health (The Anxiety Survival Guide for Teens);
- Kick back with an exhilarating sports story (The Away Game), or a heart-capturing romance (Eleanor & Park, Far From the Tree, Every Day)
- iXL: Keep what you learned in English or math this past year fresh or preview and practice skills you will learn next year.
- Khan Academy: Take free online lessons in math, science, economics, finance, arts, history, computer programming, and SAT prep.
- Duolingo: Visit the website or download the app to learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese and more through games and interactive lessons.
- Codeacademy: Learn how to design your own apps and websites.
Stay well, everyone!