Class Expectations, Grading Policy, and Contract
- You are required to bring a pencil, notebook/folder, HW, and all materials for class. If you arrive unprepared, you will lose 10 points.
- It is highly suggested that you have your own Calculator. You will frequently be using one and there is a limited number that is available during class.
- Your Marking Period grade will be computed as follows
30% - Class Participation/ Class work
30% - Quizzes/HW Quizzes
15% - Homework
- It is expected that you keep your notebook up to date.
Example: dates, lesson & sections, in-class examples, warm-up problems & homework. Homework will be checked and quizzed on a daily basis. If you need to e-mail me, my address is: email@example.com
Absences: If you are absent it is your responsibility to make up all work missed while you were absent (WITHIN THAT WEEK (7 DAYS) OF YOUR ABSENCE). We will keep any handouts for you – YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ASK FOR ALL MISSED WORK. Please feel free to come in for tutoring after school for any help on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:00pm – 4:00pm, unless otherwise told.
5. Classroom Behavior/Policies:
- No Perfume or sprays.
- Be respectful to everyone.
- No foul language.
- No writing on desks, walls, bulletin boards, etceteras.
- Come prepared to class everyday.
- Pay attention – sleeping is prohibited and rude!!
- Be on time & follow all school rules.
- We love questions – ask whenever the need arises – just make sure they are appropriate and tied into what we are currently doing.
- Try the best that you can everyday – if you are feeling uncomfortable about a concept – see me right away after school – don’t wait till it is too late!
- Bathroom/Hall Passes – We only give them in cases of emergency – so use it wisely. You must sign out on the Sign Out Log. Please do not ask for a pass while I am teaching a new concept or during the 1st or last 10 minutes of class.
- Quizzes and tests will be announced ahead of time (with the exception of HW Quizzes) – even if you are absent the day before you will be expected to take the quiz or test! If you are absent on the day of the test, you will be provided with a week (7 days) to complete the assignment. If you do not complete the assignment within a week, you will receive a zero.
- We do call home for good and bad reasons – so please give me a good reason not a bad reason!
- Let’s all try to make this the best math class ever – I’ll do my part –We just ask that you do yours!!
Academic integrity is an integral part of the educational process at UACHS.
Any of students who are engage in academic dishonesty such as cheating, forgery, plagiarism, copying HW will be given a zero for the assignment and you will also receive a disciplinary referral.